Perth Royal Show 2022
The Perth Royal Show has been operating yearly since 1831 and is one of Perth’s largest and favourite events packed with thrill-seeking rides, delicious food (fairy floss galore!), showbags, spectacular fireworks and more!
Every year, the Perth Royal Show coincides in the Term 3 school holidays, which means it’s a great way to entertain the kids. This show isn’t just for kids though – at night the grounds transform into an adult wonderland, perfect for date night or a night out with friends.
When is the Perth Royal Show?
The 2022 Perth Royal Show dates are 24 September 2022 – 1 October 2022.
10am – 9pm daily. Sideshow Alley and Taste WA remain open after 9pm until late.
Where can I get Perth Royal Show tickets?
Tickets for this year’s Royal Show can be purchased exclusively online.
How much is a family pass?
Family tickets allow access for 2 adults and 2 juniors, or 1 adult and 3 juniors for $57.00.
How much is an adult ticket?
Adults tickets allow access for individuals aged 16+. These cost $26.50 each.
How do I get there?
The best travel method to Claremont Showgrounds is via public transport. The Fremantle Train Line stops directly at the Showgrounds Station. This line can be caught from the Perth Underground in the city (just a 4-minute walk from Holiday Inn Perth). It’s easy to figure out and if in doubt just follow the crowd!
If you are travelling with a family, we recommend a FamilyRider for just $10; a cash ticket used by a group of up to 7 people (max two adults) for unlimited travel on the day.
There are limited car parks around the Perth Royal Show. This year there is an official Perth Royal Show Car Park at Swanbourne Primary School. A free shuttle will be running between the car park and venue. Car park entry is $15. Or you can simply buy online and save.
You can also park at neighbouring households selling parking on their lawn.
ACROD parking is available on Shenton Road behind the Mirvac Suite and between Graylands Road and Tiger Way.
We recommend an uber/taxi to the showgrounds if you do not want to drive or take public transport. Please be aware that surging prices may occur.
What to bring with you?
The less the better! Remember – anything you bring you have to carry around. These are our essentials to get you through the day:
- A water bottle: water can be expensive at the show, so the best way to stay hydrated and save money is to bring your own.
- Sunscreen & hat: the Royal Show is mainly outdoors, so don’t forget to protect your skin from the sun.
- A big, compactable bag: while you might not need a bag at the beginning of the day, you may do by the end! Be sure to bring a bag that is easily compactable to easily hold all your goodies.
Storage lockers are available for $2 each, so if you get sick of lugging around bags find a locker – they’re located all around the grounds.
What to do at the Royal Show
Now that all the boring stuff is out of the way, onto the fun stuff! Check out our favourite things to do at the IGA Perth Royal Show!
Formerly known as the Yellow Brick Road, the Adventure Trail is a free program with interactive activities, freebies and the IGA Cooking with Kids Stage. Make the most of your ticket, and follow the path.
From baby piglets, to lambs and horses, the petting zoos and animal nurseries at the Royal Show are sure to capture your heart. You can watch a goat milking demonstration, cuddle some animals and talk to the farmers about their animals.
Dogs doing tricks and jumping into a pool. Need we say more?
Wood Chopping Competition
The wood chopping competition is one of the most popular events at the Royal Show Perth, with events held daily! This competition draws entrants from all over Australia and from around the world, who are attempting to win some of the $40,000+ prize money.
Located in the Woodchop Arena and Main Arena, the competition is a great spot to sit down and enjoy while you’re having a bite to eat.
Perth Royal Show Rides
Every year the Perth Royal Show rides blow us out of the park! Still to be announced are the special new additions to the old line-up, but you can still expect all your favourites; rollercoasters, haunted houses, Drop Tower and Extreme Thriller (a huge swinging pendulum). Plus the more family friendly rides, including kiddie rollercoasters, cup and saucer, laughing clowns and more.
The perfect way to end a day at the show is by sitting down at the Main Arena, digging into your showbags and watching the fireworks. Watch the fireworks display at 8pm daily.
With all the food your heart could desire, eating is an essential activity at the Royal Show. The cake and baking demonstrations/competitions are sure to make you hungry but that’s okay, because there are eateries and fresh food stalls at every turn. Our personal favourite showgrounds meal is a crispy pork & gravy bun, with a fresh hot jam donut and a wine (yes, they have alcohol!). Just remember, a day at the Perth Royal Show isn’t meant to be healthy. Go on and eat those treats!
Top 10 Perth Royal Show Showbags on our Radar
The Royal Show showbags list for 2022 is still being updated with goodies, but we’ve sussed out our favourites already:
- Bertie Beetle: It’s just not the Royal Show unless you buy a Bertie Beetle bag! Thank us later.
- AFL Showbag: Your choice of West Coast Eagles., Fremantle Dockers (Perth home teams) and other player showbags will include a team backpack, football, cooler bag and more!
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Superbag: Packed with your favourite Cadbury choccies, including Boost, Curlywurly’s and Picnic.
- Frozen – Elsa: The perfect kids showbag packed with Elsa goodies like snowy white earmuffs and a special fur cape.
- Jumbo Mega Wareheads: Get ready to blow your mind on these super sour lollies!
- Margaret River Fudge Factory: Take a piece of WA home with you, and try the Margaret River fudge. You won’t regret it.
- Sesame Street: The little ones will be ecstatic with this Sesame Street bag including backpack, cap, puzzles and more.
- Nude by Nature: For the makeup artist inside of you, the Nude by Nature bag will give you a bargain and they’re made with 100% natural ingredients.
- Nickelodeon prank showbag: Nothing to see here, just prank cockroaches, dog poo and boogers.
- Jelly Belly: Get bean boozled with Jelly Bellys. There are more jelly bean flavours than you can imagine.
Time for a Showcation!
Like a staycation, but after the show! Don’t let the Perth Royal Show experience end on the day! Extend the experience at Holiday Inn Perth City Centre and explore the city.
Best of all, Kids Stay and Eat Free at Holiday Inn Perth City so you can break a smile, not the bank. They can even sign up to our free Very Important Kids Program for amazing specials on family friendly activities around Perth.
Check out the amazing rides and games at Sideshow Alley this year!
It’s not a Perth Royal Show without Showbags! Check out the full list of goodies when they become available – SOON!